INDIA IN THE HUNDRED by Cricbuzz Staff • Published on Share Tweet India’s T20I Harmanpreet Kaur (left) will play for Manchester Originals in the tournament opener. © BCCI The inaugural season of The Hundred will see the participation of as many as five India women cricketers. Apart from senior stars Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana, top ranked T20I batter Shafali Verma, all-rounder Deepti Sharma and Jemimah Rodrigues are the others who will be part of the novel 100-ball tournament. Harmanpreet, India’s T20I skipper, will be part of the Manchester Originals while Mandhana has been signed up by Southern Brave. Deepti will represent the London Spirit franchise and Rodrigues will play for the Northern Superchargers. Shafali joins her national team colleagues as a late replacement for Sophie Devine who has opted out due to logistical difficulties. The young Indian opener takes the Kiwi all-rounder’s spot at Birmingham Phoenix. Beth Barrett-Wild, Head of The Hundred Women competition expressed her joy at being able to get the Indian stars on board for what is undoubtedly ECB’s most ambitious project till date. “They’re a hugely exciting group of players and they’ll bring a lot to the competition,” said Beth. “I can’t wait for July… Read full this story
- Efforts continue behind the scenes to mend ties: Martha Patterson
- EC to hear plea against Congress' election symbol
- A. O. Smith (AOS) Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Avery Dennison Corp's (AVY) CEO Mitchell Butier on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Islam and Islamism in Turkey: A Conversation with İsmail Kara [PART 2]
- What lies behind the simplistic image of the happy Buddhist? – Mark Hay
- Halliburton's (HAL) CEO Dave Lesar on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- Danaher (DHR) Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- The Manitowoc (MTW) Barry Pennypacker on Q4 2016 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
- New Indian street food restaurant could move into old Sinatra building
- No One Knows How Immigration Affects Wages and Jobs. Especially Donald Trump.
Harmanpreet, Mandhana, Shafali headline India's representation in The Hundred have 323 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at October 13, 2021. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.