SAFETY FIRST by Vijay Tagore • Published on Share Tweet All players and travelling families are expected to be subject to covid tests at their doorstep in the coming days. © BCCI The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has sought coordinates and home addresses of all the England-bound contingent , family members included, so that it can organise RT-PCR tests at the doorsteps of each. The board managers will send medical teams to the houses of every member, in whichever part of the country he and his family is, to have the Covid tests done on them. The tests are expected to be done in the next couple of days. BCCI is still awaiting a formal health advisory from the UK government via the International Cricket Council (ICC), the organisers of the World Test Championship (WTC) final, but meanwhile the board has decided that it will enforce two-week quarantine for the contingent. The quarantine will take place in Mumbai but the local members of the contingent may be granted an exemption of a week on the strict condition that they don’t move out of their houses. Cricbuzz has learnt that the isolation period will start around May… Read full this story
- What makes Covid-19 a global public health enemy?
- Firefox: 'no UK plans' to make encrypted browser tool its default
- Trump's India visit: No trade deal but a commitment to FTA likely
- UK prisoner tested for coronavirus after Thailand extradition is named as Mark John Rumble
- Coronavirus fears grip Britain as officials reveal nearly 1,500 people were tested for the deadly infection in one day
- Nearly 800 Britons are tested for coronavirus in a day as NHS chief warns more people may need to self-isolate to contain spread of escalating crisis
- COVID-19 outbreak to hit global growth but will have limited impact on India: RBI Governor
- Two members of Chinese cargo ship test negative for COVID-19
- Romanians in the UK: 'If we go, who will do the jobs after Brexit?' – photo essay
- The facemask that can spot tuberculosis: Gadget being tested by the NHS can detect the deadly bacteria in just 30 minutes
Easy access Covid tests for UK-bound India contingent have 345 words, post on www.cricbuzz.com at November 29, 2021. This is cached page on Sport Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.