Sri Lankan great Mahela Jayawardena, former South Africa all-rounder Shaun Pollock and ex-England batter Janette Brittin will be inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame before the T20 World Cup final gets underway here on Sunday. The three cricketers will be formally inducted by fellow ICC Hall of Famer, Sir Clive Lloyd, before the much-anticipated final between New Zealand and Australia starts at the Dubai International Stadium. The ICC Hall of Fame recognises the achievements of the legends of the game from cricket’s long and illustrious history. 106 players have been inducted since its launch in 2009, with Brittin, Jayawardena and Pollock as the latest inductees. Brittin, who died in 2017, was a mainstay of the England Test team for 19 years and paved the way for women’s cricket between 1979 and 1998. Jayawardena retired as one of Sri Lanka’s greatest ever players, a key member of the team that won the T20 World Cup in 2014 and reached four other major ICC finals. Pollock was one of the finest bowling all-rounders the game has ever seen and was the first player to achieve the 3,000 run and 300 wicket double in both Test and ODI cricket. Reacting to the news… Read full this story
- Courtney Walsh Named Head Coach of West Indies Women's Cricket Team
- 'A Billion Wishes And Prayers' - Wishes Pour in on Twitter After Cricket Legend Kapil Dev Suffers Heart Attack
- Lisa Sthalekar: cricket hall of famer who has consistently broken down barriers
- James Kirtley's ecstasy and agony
- Kapil Dev Undergoes Angioplasty After Suffering Heart Attack
- What's the record for sixes in an IPL season?
- Kapil Dev wishes fans on Diwali, thanks them for their support
- Thank you everyone for all the love and concern: Kapil Dev
- Celebrity deaths in 2020: Famous faces lost this year from Nobby Stiles to Sean Connery
- Kapil Dev becomes victim of death hoax
- On this day in sport: Jackie Robinson breaks down the colour barrier, Viv Richards makes history
Mahela Jayawardena, Shaun Pollock, Janette Brittin To Be Inducted Into ICC Hall Of Fame | Cricket News have 313 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at November 13, 2021. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.