The Urban Meyer situation in Jacksonville is seemingly growing more toxic by the day. The latest issue that has come to light surrounding the first-year Jaguars head coach comes from former kicker Josh Lambo , who revealed to Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times that Meyer kicked him as he was stretching with his teammates at practice back in August just before the final preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys . “I’m in a lunge position. Left leg forward, right leg back,” Lambo told Stroud. “… Urban Meyer, while I’m in that stretch position, comes up to me and says, ‘Hey Dips–t, make your f–king kicks!’ And kicks me in the leg.” The root of Meyer’s kick was due to Lambo — and All-Pro kicker in 2019 — missing a field goal attempt in each of the Jaguars’ first two exhibitions. Naturally, the blow sparked a reaction from Lambo, who also noted that Meyer did not mention specialists by name, rather their position or “S–tbag, Dips–t or whatever the hell it was.” “It certainly wasn’t as hard as he could’ve done it, but it certainly wasn’t a love tap,” Lambo said. “Truthfully, I’d register it as a five (out… Read full this story
- Preseason Top 25: No. 2 Ohio State has expectations beyond another College Football Playoff berth
- Ranking the top 25 Power Five college football coaches entering the 2020 season
- 100 Day Countdown: College football's top stories, names, games for 2015
- Cam Newton landing spots: Ranking 15 potential team fits, with Chargers now out of the picture
- NFL needs a developmental league and rebooting the XFL is the perfect fit to improve league diversity, depth
- Broncos 2020 schedule: Predicting every game, week-by-week odds, matchups, projections
Ex-Jaguars kicker Josh Lambo says he was kicked by Urban Meyer during warmups in preseason have 281 words, post on www.cbssports.com at December 16, 2021. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.