Paul Heckingbottom called on authorities to exact the most stringent punishment after Billy Sharp was attacked in the wake of Sheffield United’s play-off semi-final defeat at Nottingham Forest. The Blades overturned a two-goal deficit to level the tie at 3-3 on aggregate and force extra-time and penalties at the City Ground but their spirited fightback was extinguished in the shootout when goalkeeper Brice Samba saved three spot-kicks to send Forest to Wembley. Forest jubilation at the prospect of ending their 23-year absence from the Premier League, providing they beat Huddersfield in the final on May 29, spilled from the stands into a pitch invasion which was overshadowed by an unprovoked attack on Blades striker Sharp. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Highlights of the Championship play-off semi-final second leg between Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United. N Forest 3-3 Sheff Utd (3-2 pens) – Match report How the teams lined up | Match stats Sharp, who was injured and did not feature for Sheffield United in the play-off semi-final second leg, watched on from the touchline as the Forest supporters celebrated their 3-2 penalty shootout victory before appearing to be blind-sided by a charging supporter. Manager Heckingbottom… Read full this story
- Shakhtar Donetsk back in action after Russian invasion with last-minute Olympiacos friendly to kick off tour for Ukraine
- Prostate United: Meet the dedicated backroom staff at professional clubs fundraising to tackle disease
- Transfer news LIVE: Liverpool mistake, Neymar to Real Madrid TWIST, Barca, Man Utd, Celtic
- The Premier League is back - here is what represents success and failure for your club in the run-in
- Fulham promoted from Championship: Do Marco Silva's side have what it takes to survive in the Premier League?
- New Premier League signings rated: how Jadon Sancho, Ben White and Junior Firpo got on in their debuts
- The forgotten proxy war Putin is fighting against the US and Europe
Billy Sharp attacked by fan during Nottingham Forest-Sheffield United pitch invasion | Paul Heckingbottom: 'It's out of order' have 310 words, post on www.skysports.com at May 18, 2022. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.