Royal Challengers Bangalore batter Rajat Patidar on Wednesday became the first uncapped player in the history of Indian Premier League (IPL) to smash a century in the playoffs. The batter achieved this feat during his side’s Eliminator clash against Lucknow Super Giants here at Eden Gardens in Kolkata. It was a memorable day at the field for Patidar as he smashed an unbeaten 112 off just 54 to guide his side to a massive total of 207/4 at the end of their 20 overs. He also became the first player from his side to hit a century in the playoffs, surpassing Chris Gayle ‘s 89-run knock in the second qualifier against Mumbai Indians in the 2011 edition of the league. Previously, the highest score by an uncapped player in playoffs/knock-out matches was by Manish Pandey during the 2014 edition of IPL. Then playing for Kolkata Knight Riders against Punjab Kings in the finals, he had scored 94 runs for his side. Overall, he is the fourth uncapped player to hit a century in the league. The first one was Manish Pandey, who scored an unbeaten 114 against the now-defunct Deccan Chargers in 2009. The other uncapped players with an IPL… Read full this story
- Watch: Virat Kohli, Other RCB Stars Feast On Hyderabadi Biryani At Mohammed Siraj's House
- Virat Kohli Will Score "75-80 ODI Centuries" For India, Predicts Wasim Jaffer
- "Gave Us A Massive Scare": Virat Kohli Reacts To MS Dhoni's Sensational Knock
- AB de Villiers Comes Up With Hilarious Nickname For Virat Kohli After Eden Gardens Masterclass
- A CSK Record That Went Unnoticed In All The IPL 2018 Title-Winning Festivities
- Yuvraj Singh Hit Six Sixes In One Over On This Day To Enter Record Books
- Diana Edulji Slams CoA Chief Vinod Rai, Calls Process Of Appointing India Women's Team Coach "Unconstitutional And Illegal"
- Virat Kohli Doesn't Want To Restrain Himself On The Field Just Because He Is Captain
- KL Rahul Opens Up On Ravichandran Ashwin's Captaincy
- 3rd ODI: Chris Gayle Walks Off In Style After Sizzling Knock, May Have Played His Last
- Virat Kohli Leads India To ODI Series Win Against West Indies
- Day-Night Test: Cheteshwar Pujara Says Adapting To Pink Ball Could Be Challenging
- West Indies vs India, Highlights 3rd ODI: Virat Kohli Leads India To 2-0 Series Win Against West Indies
RCB's Rajat Patidar Becomes First Uncapped Player To Smash Century In Playoffs | Cricket News have 367 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at May 26, 2022. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.