Pakistan board’s reaction came a day after BCCI secretary Jay Shah’s exclusive interview to the PTI, where he stated that the Indian board will be getting a “two and a half month window” for the IPL in ICC’s next FTP cycle starting from 2024 till 2031. “From the next FTP cycle, IPL will have an official two-and-a-half month window so that all the top international cricketers can participate. We have had discussions with various boards as well as the ICC,” Shah said in an exclusive interview to PTI. The PCB feels that the matter needs discussion. “The ICC board meeting will be held during the Commonwealth Games in Birmingham in July and this matter will probably be discussed there,” a PCB source said. The PCB official said that while the PCB was happy to see the money coming into cricket, however, the BCCI’s plans to totally book the top international players for the IPL every year could have an adverse effect on international bilateral series. “Mr Jay Shah has said the BCCI is committed to international bilateral cricket but with so many leagues cropping up and the IPL planning expansion this has to be discussed among the cricket boards,” the… Read full this story
- Ball in BCCI's court: PCB chief on bilateral series
- Explained: Why the ICC and BCCI may be on a collision course
- ICC to limit players to three T20 leagues a year?
- 'If the cricket is not serious then you won't be taken seriously' - T10 League CEO
- Back at Eden, Sourav Ganguly talks cricket
- T10 league eyeing international expansion in 2019
- Pixel & Dimed On (Not) Getting By in the Gig Economy
- Office Gossip Ruins Relationships
- IAAF Diamond League 2020 to have 14 meetings and 1 final
PCB wants discussion with other boards on IPL's window in ICC's next FTP calendar have 282 words, post on www.mykhel.com at June 15, 2022. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.