Getty Images The PGA Tour has struck back in the ongoing legal battle between its organization and LIV Golf. After LIV joined a lawsuit filed by 11 of its players filed this summer — eight of whom have since removed themselves from the filing — against the PGA Tour for alleged anticompetitive and monopolistic behavior, the PGA Tour has responded with a lawsuit of its own. In a countersuit filed this week, the PGA Tour argues that LIV, by offering “astronomical sums of money” to golfers signed to the PGA Tour, induced those players to breach their contracts. The countersuit was filed as part of the PGA Tour’s legal response to LIV’s antitrust lawsuit. The basis of the counterclaim, according to ESPN : The counterclaim was filed as part of the PGA Tour’s response to LIV Golf’s federal antitrust lawsuit against the PGA Tour, in which LIV Golf claims the PGA Tour illegally suspended players for competing in LIV Golf tournaments and is wielding its monopoly power to squash competition. The tour claims that LIV Golf has executed a campaign to pay its players “astronomical sums of money to induce them to breach their contracts with the Tour in an… Read full this story
- 'I don't define myself by who I am as a golfer anymore'
- Golf: Denzel Ieremia carrying famous family pedigree
- Who is Clare Craig? Tommy Fleetwood’s wife – when did Masters 2019 golfer marry her and how many children do they have?
- Tiger Woods wins his fifth Masters in one of sport's all-time great comebacks
- Masters 2019 final round live score updates and leaderboard latest as Tiger Woods wins
- BIG INTERVIEW: Breaking the Mould.... The Jay Tabb story...
- Roy Curtis: Rory McIlroy's Irish Open snub an insult to national intelligence and Paul McGinley
- On this Day, April 10 1988: Nicky English hit 2-11 for Tipperary as they hammered Waterford
- Tiger Woods charge lights up Masters at Augusta
- Vincent Hogan: 'Cold. Tunnelled. Unreachable. Where is that Rory McIlroy now?'
- Can Rory McIlroy win a Masters arm-wrestle at an Augusta that houses so many personal ghosts?
- David Kelly: 'Having rescued Irish Open, McIlroy's reasons for bypassing Lahinch must be respected'
PGA Tour countersues LIV Golf for inducing golfers to breach existing contracts with league have 350 words, post on www.cbssports.com at September 29, 2022. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.