Table tennis great Achanta Sharath Kamal was on Wednesday bestowed with the Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna, the country’s highest sporting honour, by President Droupadi Murmu in a glittering National Sports Awards ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi on Wednesday. While Sharath is the lone Khel Ratna award recipient, 25 sportspersons, including shuttlers Lakshya Sen, HS Prannoy, woman boxer Nikhat Zareen, track and field athletes Eldhose Paul and Avinash Sable, were conferred with the Arjuna Award. The creme de la creme of Indian sports were recognised for their achievements in the past few years at a specially organised ceremony. The event is traditionally held every year to commemorate the birth anniversary of hockey legend Major Dhyan Chand on August 29. But last year also, the event was held on another date. The star attraction of the ceremony was Sharath, who received his Khel Ratna award amid thunderous applause from the select dignitaries present at the Durbar Hall. The Khel Ratna is given for the spectacular and most outstanding performances by a sportsperson over a period of previous four years. It carries a cash prize of Rs 25 lakh, a medal and a scroll of honour. The Arjuna award… Read full this story
- Sports Personality of the Year: Start time, date of the nominee announcement
- National Sports Awards 2022: Sharath Kamal conferred with Khel Ratna award | More sports News - Times of India
- Rob Burrow pays emotional tribute to ‘my MND hero’ Doddie Weir at Sports Personality awards
- Arjuna Awards For Nikhat, Lakshya, Seema, Eldhose...
- Lionesses, the Queen and Dame Deborah James named the most inspirational stars in Fabulous’ 2022 Women of the Year list
Achanta Sharath Kamal Bestowed With Khel Ratna In Glittering National Sports Awards Ceremony | Other Sports News have 269 words, post on sports.ndtv.com at November 30, 2022. This is cached page on Sport News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.